What Next? Chapter Chairs and those who attend meetings regularly are pivotal to what we are about. You can find details of your local Chapter Chair on the Chapters Page.
The people involved range from those working as individuals in the arts and cultural sector to those working within large organisations in a variety of roles. Through building alliances beyond the sector and asking for contributions from experts in their fields we also have regular attenders from academia, the education sector, local government, local businesses and charities.
There are four individuals providing part time core support to the What Next? movement on a regular basis, with thanks to our generous supporters Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Esmée Fairbairn, Arts Council England and the many organisations who have given donations.
We have a What Next? Steering Group that meet regularly.
What Next? Steering Group – See biographies
- David Lan, Playwright, Theatre Producer and Director, and social anthropologist (founder)
- Alistair Spalding, Artistic Director and Chief Executive, Sadler’s Wells (joined in 2011)
- Suzanne Alleyne, Creative Strategist and leader of Neurology of Power (joined in 2019) – CURRENT CHAIR
- Jamie Beddard, Co-Artistic Director Diverse City (joined in 2018)
- Dave Moutrey, CEO at HOME, Director of Culture for MCC and Chapter Chair WN? Greater Manchester (joined in 2018)
What Next? Steering Group – New members
- Claire Hodgson – Co artistic Director Diverse City and Extraordinary Bodies (role share with Jamie Beddard)
- Sarah Ellis – Director of Digital Development for the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Saad Eddine – Director, HOME Slough
- Monique Baptiste-Brown – Head of Audiences and Communications – Brixton House
- Laura Drane – Freelance producer, facilitator, consultant and Chapter Chair of What Next? Cymru
- Keisha Thompson – Young People’s Producer (Contact theatre, Manchester) and Freelance Artist/Producer
- Kate McGrath – Director, Fuel
- Holly Lombardo – Director, NRTF and Chapter Chair of What Next? Rural
- David Tovey and Lora Krasteva (role share) – Lora is Executive Producer at With One Voice and David Tovey One Voice Creative Producer
- Alexandrina Hemsley – Freelance Creative Practitioner and Consultant
- Dan De La Motte – Freelance as Producer, Curator, Performer and Activist, p/t at the Young Vic in the Taking Part team
- Alison Clark – Head of Culture Sport & Tourism, Durham County Council